20 years old. Female. University of Montana. I love where I live, and I cherish the company I keep.
various works by louise bourgeois
(that first one is called Throbbing Pulse which is 1/2 the reason its on my listed of Wanted Tattoos)
My heart just stopped. She means the world to me.
I was fortunate enough to see her last show before her death in 2010 in Venice. She died right before I was able to see it. It was an unforgettable experience.
catsuchan said: doesnt childish gambino hate blk women and fetishizes asian women uh..
Yes!!! He’s a class A boob. Here’s why from yourfaveisproblematic:
- SO MUCH MISOGYNY in his music
- Thinks rape jokes are fine and hilarious: “I think it’s odd that you can’t joke about rape, when people joke about murder all the time. A lot more people are dying than getting raped. I think it’s a comedian’s job to make everything funny. Nothing is off-limits.”
- His sketch “Bro Rape”, starring him as the rapist
- “My sister has mental problems, but I use the word ‘r****d’ in my comedy. Do I love her any less? Would I go up to a mental ward and say: ‘You’re idiots’? No. I would never do that, but sometimes saying r****d is funny, it’s a release.”
- “I know people are right to complain, but those kids who say ‘m**g’ or ‘r****d’ won’t stop saying it, just because a comedian does.”
- He consistently fetishizes Asian women
- Lyrics linking Virginia Tech massacre to Asian people as a whole
- I don’t even want to begin to unpack his role on Girls (see the Lena Dunham YFIP post here), but luckily Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was kind enough to do it for us
- “Sometimes I just want to be seen as a sex object. I’m sure girls feel that way too.”
- Nice Guy syndrome
- Says “f****t” a whole lot (this video is one example, but he also does it a lot in his music)
- Has a joke entitled “Fighting a Midget”, which starts with him saying, “I got on the subway, and this little person came on the train. Are there any little people in the audience? No? Good, I’ll say midget”
- “I’d much rather have AIDS than a baby… They’re not that different, you guys… They’re both expensive. You have them for the rest of your life. They’re constant reminders of the mistakes you’ve made. And once you have them, you pretty much can only date other people who have them. What’s the difference?”
- Some real weird internalized racism: “I was having sex with this girl. And we were towards the end. And she goes, “Fuck me hard with that [n-word] dick.” And I stop… look at her right in the eye… and I came harder that I ever cum before. It was so awesome, you guys… It was almost worth being black my entire life”
- Enforcing the fake geek-girl stereotype. When asked what Childish Gambino groupies are like, he responded: “Pretty girls who try to be geeks but obviously aren’t. [adopts hipster tone] “Oh, I wear glasses and my hair is in a pigtail.” You’re hot! You’re not fooling me! There are no lenses in those glasses! But it’s awesome.”
- “I have an obsession with books about kids with Asperger’s syndrome. I like the way they think - it suits me. The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time by Mark Haddon is great. That and [Jonathan Safran Foer’s] Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close - they’re on a separate bookshelf. They don’t understand what the other books are saying by their facial expressions, but they’re perfectly lined-up.”
- “Filipinos [are the] black girls of Asians" (remember that he says he dislikes black girls)
- “I’m blowin’ up like my swagger on the Gaza/I’m writing movies/where I’m making out with Aubrey Plaza/And homegirl my homegirl, it is not like that/But if she tried to rape me, I would not fight back”
- “I guess for a dude it’s never gonna be totally awful. You can’t really get raped unless it’s by a dude. If a girl forces sex on you it’s like, yeah, it was awful…but I had sex! I wasn’t in the mood…but I was hard.”
- Really bad Nice Guy Syndrome in his lyrics: “I’m a nice guy, that’s why you broke up with me”
- Ableist lyrics in song “Bonfire” (I made the beat r******d, so I’m callin’ it a slow jam)
- These tweets
|accidentally thinks about something awkward i did three years ago|